Re: OREGON LOOPERS - unqualified comment

On Dec 27, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Rainer Straschill wrote:

> Revfever schrieb:
>> I can also offer any help that I am able to for this event, as
>> long as it happens in Portland. (I don't do all that much
>> traveling.) I also won't be performing but will be glad to assist
>> in however I can. A few places here in Ptld that immediately come
>> to mind as *potential* ( no guarantees) venues are Holocene, The
>> Someday Lounge, and Rotture. There may(?) be others that I am
>> forgetting about, but these 3 are kool places, and
>
> Now I'm not from Oregon, not even from near it, and have never been
> to it (no, wait...Wilsonville, that's Oregon, ain't it), but
> checking out the venues you suggested, I'd vote for Rotture hands
> down.
> With acts like "Fist Fite", Serious Business", "Rude Dudes", "Boy
> Meets Club", "Hooliganship" and, best of all, (warning: loop-
> related content ahead) "Welcome Home Walker", this may fit
> perfectly with our scene ;).

Rotture also has had Richard Pinhas (Heldon) play there. Talk about
loop cred!  Whoa!  And, the place has also had others not so "rude".
(haha)
But yes, it is usually a more rockin' joint, TMK.  And also, a lot of
"rockers", and even some of those that are their audience, are also
gear heads and may be intrigued by a fest based on
looping gear, and various looping tactics, and applications, and so
on. And, there are even some loopers that go there! :-)

Cheers,
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR