airlines regulations - no instruments on board?

hi,

i have read in the news that there are some new regulations regarding the airlines security for planes travelling to, from and in usa. the news says that the passengers are not allowed to take anything on board. well does that mean that we are not allowed to take our instruments and laptops on board? do you have any news about that? i will be in usa for various productions in june-july2010. and this got me a little worried.

thanks and best. wish everyone the best in 2010.

Erdem Helvacioglu
www.erdemhelvacioglu.com
www.myspace.com/erdemhelvacioglu
"Wounded Breath" album is out now on Aucourant Records:
www.aucourantrecords.com

"wounded breath album will open you up to new experiences and
allow you to explore worlds previously closed to you."
Blogcritics, Richard Marcus

"wounded breath is an outstanding acousmatic record, period."
Massimo Ricci, touching extremes