Re: videos and music and music sales

Nice discussion.

I've played with unrehearsed, uncoordinated visuals on several occasions. I have not liked the results. As an audience member, I have frequently seen visuals that, while interesting enough, were so randomly related to the music that I had to shut my eyes in order to hear the music (forcing me not to see the performers, however boring or unboring they might have been).

I agree with Per - if you want to have visuals, integrate it into your art. become a multimedia artist, or work closely with one and develop an approach that means something.

Interestingly enough, I would probably prefer to perform with someone fingerpainting with a project (a la Joshua Light Show, Fillmore East, 1968) over someone manipulating video because of the greater immediacy and (literal and functional) fluidity of the former....

--
Warren
http://www.warrensirota.com