Re: Looperlative LP-2 MINI looper unveiled at NAMM

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:40 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
>> > *1/4 Speed/Quadruple Speed
>
> First Per, why thirds? Its not thirds.. its gonna be a 2 octave jump aint
> it?

Well, I was thinking that "1/4" would be a fourth of the full speed
a.k.a. 100 percent. 12 notes on an octave means a fourth of an octave
must be 2 notes a.k.a. a minor third. It looks this issue will manage
to keep my bringing my laptop looping rigs to upcoming club gigs
because I really need to stay alert for switching whatever loop I got
spinning into any pitch to match a sextette band repertoire. Like if
I'm to provide "electronica pads" I loop the fifth and and first note
in at a bunch of octaves and then I can go xxx-speed and play the
third to hit any major or minor chord.

> second, im sure that its a hardware thing that means it limited to
> ...octaves... My question would be... why only octaves DOWN?? Im always
> wanting a DOUBLE SPEED jump.. som much so that i almost always start my
> second EDP on double speed...

I see a lot of cool stuff you can do with such a box. Just work it
like we already do with the EDP; make a bass line in double tempo at
normal speed, then go into 1/2 speed (HalfSpeed) to pitch it down at
the right bass level and stay looping down there for the rest of the
gig - or until you need to make a new bass line. Nevertheless I agree
x2 speed is more useful.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se