Re: Shared recording uploaded (Re: mac vst builder(Synthedit) thingy??)

Certainly! When mangling Mobius or Augustus Loop in Numerology I use
only MIDI foot pedals to control processing. This leaves hands free
for guitar playing.

Yes, audio input can also be used to control stuff, since Numerology
has an Envelope Follow Module that can be set to listen to the audio
input and put out "CV" data that can be scaled to control any other
parameter in Numerology's modules or in AU plugins (Audio Unit,
Apple's OS X friendly plugin protocol).

"CV" is not really Control Voltage, as in the old pre MIDI analog
sequencers, but since Numerology draws on that routing paradigm the
developer found it accurate to borrow that word into the modern laptop
era. Actually it is about routing parameter control within the AU
protocol.

There is also a good function I forgot to mention: Screen control
modules as the X-Y Vector Pad or the eight track Fader Box have a
parameter called "Glide". This is the same as "Inertia" in Augustus
Loop; meaning if you set "Glide" to a high value and click somewhere
insid an X-Y Vector Pad the two values (X and Y parameter) will crawl
slowly towards the new point. Think about this as having a Kaoss Pad
with adjustable speed for the two values to reach the new point if you
tip your finger somewhere. I find that very useful, because you can
have an expression pedal by foot to set the "Glide" value and then
reach out a finger between playing two notes, or while holding a long
note, and click somewhere on the track pad.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com