Re: Bass players - what's a good stomp pedal for FAT tone?

Mark,

  Thanks for the response.  I just returned from a session and while I
was on the train to the studio I was considering the justification
for stealing / bootlegging / copying commercial effect pedals... the
argument that you presented was that boutique pedals were  "clones
with tweaks" ...  This is like arguing that you can illegally
download a song because it uses a I-IV-V chord sequence.  I think
it's just that naive.

Consider the amount of work that goes into designing, tweaking,
manufacturing, styling, distributing, marketing and maintaining a
line of  effect pedals, and  the comparable amount of time and money
spent arranging, recording, mixing, mastering, duplicating,
packaging, marketing an album.

It may be flattering to think that people will steal your work
because it's that good, but the bottom line is the bottom line.    In
both cases the parties involved intend to support themselves through
their efforts, and the cynical thieves who help themselves to the
work  justify their action by devaluing the work, in essence blaming
the victim.

Food for thought,

Chuck  Zwicky