Re: Everyday Looper - A Looper for the iPhone/iPod Touch

Art >

My question would be how do I hook my guitar (or other instrument) up to my iPod touch?

That's in fact the tricky part ! If your iPod Touch is a 1st generation, the only possible input is through the dock connector using things as http://www.alesis.com/protrack or http://www.bluemic.com/mikey/ (which now has a line in). There is cheaper ones (around 50$), but harder to find. Normally, you can't download Everyday Looper on such a device, it's flagged as not compatible. If your iPod Touch is 2 or 3 Gen (with a rounded back), then in addition to the dock connector, you have a mono input through the 4 pins jack connector. It's intended to be used with headset microphones, but PRS has release this cable http://www.prscables.com/guitarbud which I have not had the opportunity to test yet, and Belkin this : http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_ID=169368# .

My personal setup is much simple, as I mainly play acoustic guitar, I put my external headset mic in front of the guitar and that's it.

The iPhone platform is still waiting for a simple stereo line in/out cable, as it is what contains the dock connector. I hope the iPad will encourage a constructor to make one (the docks are identical).

Andy >

here at LD there are at least 2 other families

You puzzle me with this one, good teasing ^^. Could you develop ?

And thanks you both for your encouragement :).

Raphaël