Re: videos and music and music sales

Images (static or moving) can increase sales for pop culture products
and this is why MTV is still doing business. But for the arts, be it
challenging music or challenging dance performance, you have one and
only tool: the art itself. If an image or a video is a sincere
presentation of an art performance, it's a good move and it's also
faithful to the artist and the public. If it is approached with a
"promotional" mentality, then it is doomed to fail. And by failure I
mean that you are not going to see the money you invested coming back
to you as real money (cash). There are lots of companies that make
millions online by exploiting the failures of promotion.