Re: What is the appropriate forum?

Ace Ovil schrieb:
> I feel like I have taken all I can from the EDP manuals which thus far
> have been my bible. This is why I am finally seeking out others like me
> or similar for advice and inspiration. I have been so engrossed in my
> own learning of the process until now, that I haven't really had time
> for this sort of thing before.

Generally, it's hard to start putting you in some direction without
knowing what your general goal in EDP usage is...there are two EDP users
(which very much focus on guitar+amp+EDP) which I respect very much and
regard as the capacity for odd EDP use: Andreas Willers
(www.andreaswillers.de) and Andre LaFosse (www.altruistmusic.com). You
most probably read Andre's name in the "thanks" section of your bible
;). Unfortunately, I just found that Andre is currently restructuring
his website, and so his "Echoplex Analysis Pages" are unavailable at the
moment (but you might try to check at archive.org: http://bit.ly/dfkbtn)

Furthermore, Matthias' site (www.livelooping.org) also links to his
youtube collection which has some "tutorial" subsection.

To simply watch and listen to some most diverse looping performances -
from abstract noise to singer/songwriter stylings (and all the places in
between) - you find a link to the video archives of the Y29loopfest at
http://y2kloopfest.com/.
(This festival is the biggest looping festival in the world...simply
check out the videos and be inspired ;).
> Thank you for clearing up the "etiquette". How exactly does one search
> the archives so I can stop pestering everyone?
> Looking forward to chatting with you all soon.
There's a link on the website which leads to the archives:
http://loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/wilma/LDarchive
Descriptions how to use it are found there. However, if you don't know
what you're looking for, you most probably won't find it (this is
oldskool, not some fancy tag clouds or anything).

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs