A multi channel looper

i'm not sure i would call it a multi-channel looper,
but when i had my original boss RC-20 (the one w/ the 4 min of looping time, the xl has 16 min), it has an input for instrument (your choice-i used a guitar) & it has a microphone input. there was an input level for each (mic & instr).

whether this would be considered "mutli-channel" i don't know. i never did use the mic option, i just used it for guitar.  but i think the idea for it is solo performer (or band) could record guitar/voice things (or anything w/ microphone) and then layer on top, etc. so if you just needed it to supplement live stuff, guitar/voice (or keyboards) it would probably work. and it does reverse nice and easy. the original one like i had (the 4 min recording time) you can get pretty cheap and try it out. i think i got mine a yr ago for 150$, so they're in that range or cheaper now.... obviously if you need lots of recording time, the rc20xl is newer, & last i checked them, they were still going a bit higher-they were out of my price range when i was looking....
i know a few people i've seen in past use one was kaki king, john scofield, i'm sure there are more out there...
some thoughts. good luck,
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen