Re: A multi channel looper

The looperlative LP-1 is a true stereo hardware looper with a total of
8 tracks that can be routed to any of three stereo output pairs and
panned in the stereo field individually.. I use it in the effects loop
of a Rane SM-82 mixer as the last thing in my signal chain, I either
run into tube amps like yourself in stereo or direct in to a full
range rig.  When going direct I have been using a mesa formula pre-amp
for the last few years, but recently bought an Ethos preamp from
Custom Tones which sounds even better direct or through amps than the
boogie ever did.  Back to the looperlative, it is currently the most
sophisticated hardware looper made,  and the only current production
rack mount looper. it won't  go as deep as Abelton or Mobius or any
software looper, but I've been using it for over 3 years now and i
still haven't exhausted its options, and yet it is  easy to program
and offers a really deep set of features. I'm still not really
interested in going the lap top route though i can certainly
understand the appeal of a more open ended system. The Lp-1 is a
different animal than the EDP and it will take some time to dial it
in, but it does have a few features inspired by and similar to the EDP
like quantize replace and the ability to switch between loops to
create song forms. I've been very happy with the LP-1 and even more so
since switching from a behringer FCB1010  to a Gordius little giant
for midi control of the LP-1's functions. I like the way it performs
and sounds and I rarely have to reboot it,  but when I do it takes
less than 30 seconds to come back on line. Name a Lap top than can
make that claim. When I perform with it, it also never looks like I'm
watching TV :-). If I was needing more automation of record and
playback functions or was wanting to write complex scripts to control
effects and map out song forms then I would go the lap top route but
since the nature of my music is open ended and improvisational, I
haven't yet felt the urge to go software.  someday when i have a lot
of free time to devote to it I will...someday.
Bill