Re: looper ableton beginner - foot pedal?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Nadia Salom <nadia.salom@gmx.de> wrote:

> thinking about using ableton looper. Could anyone recommend me a good
>foot pedal that is easy to use and has the basic functions???

You can use any pedal that sends MIDI when stomped on. The
functionality is in Ableton Live where you assign ("MIDI learn") the
MIDI events to functions.

> I have done some live loop sessions while simultaneously recording in
>arrangement view , and I wanted to export the audio, but the audio did
>not export the sound coming from looper, only from the recorded track
>which did not include the layered loops. how come it's so complicated?
>does anyone know how to export looper's sound???

You can grab the graphic loop icon out of the Looper plug-in, drag it
and drop it into a slot on an audio track. Then it becomes a normal
audio clip (that will be part of exporting).

> and also this has not much to do with looping... but is there way to
>edit samples in ableton without using an external editor program...? I
>haven't figured that out.

No, Live has no sample editor. But you can do a lot with playback
parameters (warp markers, clip envelopes...) and then simply assign
the track output to another audio track where you record it. That
technique creates a new file on the drive.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com