interesting DIY loop pedal

about 2 yrs ago (or was it 3?) there was a "simple" diy 20 loop/sampler that someone had boasted. based on some little chip thing that would do 20 sec of sound capture (it seemed to be a bit like the zvex lo-fi loop junky thing-only simpler). well i tried it, i think it cost me about 20$ in parts-and.....IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!!! it was a bummer, b/c it did look easy....but after this failure, i had no problems in tackling my guitar re-wiring for my projects...they are relatively easy (and i will say that my work is better than every "pro local job i've had done & paid for"--every guitar i've had done "professionally"-has a loose wire, messed up sound somewhere....)

but in looking at this-the pedal looks cool, but it does not look SIMPLE.
that's my feeble estimation.
s---

Doesn't seem to have a lot of loop time but the varispeed sounds decent and it has enough features to make it fun. Plus its DIY:

-m