Re: Mainstage routing tweaks (was Amplitube3)

> Hi Per
>
>> for example decay
>> preservation when switching sound patch).

>On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> Referring to my previous post:
> Couldn't you do a workaround here in Mainstage? i.e. add a delay/reverb
>on top level that will be routed briefly (via MidiPipe) during patch
>switching?

Do you mean concert level when you write "top level"? Of course that
would be possible (I do that as well) but that is something else that
plain patch changing.

But the patch audio tail preservation is not the only thing I like
better in Bidule. I'm having problems with Mainstage 2 because some
mixer functions are hardwired to certain MIDI events (the Roland GM,
General MIDI, like track volume, pan, mute, solo). And Mainstage has
no option to filter out those events. So you are stuck in a situation
where you can not use those events, because if you assign CC#7 to a
fitler cut-off all your track levels will also change. And worse: some
MIDI gear, like for example the popular Behringer FCB1010, leaks out
random MIDI data now and then. And when a Roland GM event is spitted
out by accident weird thing that you have not programmed will happen
in Mainstage. Bidule does not have this problem because it has no
functionality hard-wired to certain MIDI events. Everything in Bidule
is user customizable and that's what makes it "gig proof". If you need
it, you can set up a total MIDI filter in Bidule that will let through
only those events you have programmed to control something.

I dare to use Mainstage on stage when not looping and using no MIDI
pedals or any other MIDI gear than my EWI. But for looping I'm more
happy with Bidule. Looping is great on Mainstage but for that I would
need a MIDI pedalboard that speaks clean MIDI ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com