Re: EDP Midi sync question

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Loaf citious <loafcitious@gmail.com>
wrote:
> End Result, I'd love to be able to sync up to four different musicians
> that brought along their own MIDI loopers or Ableton computer or
> whatever.  I'm wanting to jam w/ a bunch of different people and be
> able to tackle different situations with switching master/slave around
> easily between jams.

If using laptops it's good to set up a master sync clock to be
available for everyone to hook up with as slaves.

Either that or doing all manual syncing, which is what I prefer; you
listen while playing and adapt of timing is drifting. Adapting loop
sync manually can be done by instantly retrigger the (local track sync
master) loop or simply creating a new loop from scratch at the new
tempo.

If using all EDPs there is this wonderful Brother Sync function that
doesn't see any "master" or "slave" but only provides a common time
reference. But any player in the group can change his local
interpretation, as in creating shorter or longer cycles for loops.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com