Re: how do you store your cables?

On Mar 12, 2010, at 1:38 PM, paulrichard_rocks@yahoo.com wrote:

> Arrrgggg! I hate cables!

They are an unavoidable and "necessary evil". :-)  (Try making
electricity based  music WITHOUT them. M'whaaa hahaha haaaa! :-))

> I have several large boxes (ex-comp paper type) and another Staples
> clear sided box. I have yet to find a way to effectively org them
> other than coil and try to keep likes in the same "layer".

For cables that are either spare cables or are cables that are not to
be used for awhile, I merely store them in segregated / appropriately
labeled plastic milk crates and those are "discreetly" stored on the
lowest shelf of a large set of shelves against a wall in the studio.
(these crates would work in just about any room or environment). The
cables are also wound up and bound with twist-ties that I have
collected for free. This makes locating the proper cables a lot
easier and avoids that dreaded entanglement frustration.

For the other cables that might get a little quicker use (other than
those that are currently hooked and ready to go), I just found for
free, an ex-incense package display unit
(no kidding, it still has the name of the incense company too on it)
that is just a wooden "plate" with numerous hard wire "arms" sticking
out and it was ready made perfect for my purposes. Plus, being
attached to the wall, it takes up *no* space at all. (at least not of
the floor where it *really counts* in my *small* studio area.  This
type of thing could easily be custom-built as well.  But, I am
pleased that I found something for free and that also has a
"groooovey" incense company logo on it. Trippy!  Peace out!

Cheers-
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR.
The Angry Red Planet