Re: guitar setups OT

André Donawa wrote:
> Another vote for the Fender Jazz bass.

yeah, but Erdem asked for a bass to use in a rather specific
circumstance.

the Precision, with it's overall deeper tone is going to
be better for a guitarist to emulate a bass player.
(and if the wider neck means less notes, that's a plus)

The option of the bridge p/u  of the Jazz is just going to increase
the chance of a bass sound that gets lost beneath the
other instruments in those genres (e.g. guitars).

Well that's my reasoning anyway.

For my own playing pleasure, I voted for the Fender Jazz
many years ago.

andy