Re: Mainstage 2 with Mobius Help Needed

Sorry I left those two out. I do have monitor audio input enabled. That's how I also use Mobius standalone. I also have an Aux channel strip with the input set as Bus 1 and the output set to Output 1-2. I can hear my audio going straight through to the output monitoring my live input but if I create a loop on the first track of mobius it seems that there is something looping on the Mobius GUI but there is no audio coming from it.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for these tips Per. I'm pretty sure I have done these already off the
> top of my head but I will triple check to make sure once I finish making and
> consuming some delicious chicken tacos.
> Recap:
> Mobius settings:
> Sync = out
> Midi devices, Plugin out=IAC Bus 1
> Set min and max tempo so Mobius picks a realistic tempo after your first
> loop.
> Mainstage:
> input channel (patch level) : outout set to Bus 1(aux1)
> Concert level - Add software instrument, select Mobius
> Set side chain to Bus 1 on mobius
> Concert level - Fetch tempo from midi input - IAC Bus1
>

> I get input from Duet into Mainstage
> Goes from INput into Bus 1
> Audio seems to get into Mainstage
> Issues:
> I do not hear any output from Mobius.

There should not be any sound if do not have "Monitor Audio Input"
enabled in Mobius. Path: "Configuration/Global Parameters".

However, my preferred solution is different. I create - in Mainstage
on concert level - an aux channel with input "Bus 1" an output "Main".
And I keep Mobius set to no audio through, only mangled loopse is
coming out from Mobius. That way my instrument's live input sound is
cloned into two paths: one going into Mobius (to maybe get looped) and
the other passing directly to the output. The technical reason for
this choice is that I run the Mobius output through first a low cut
filter and then a tape delay plugin. The low cut filter is needed
because I mangle loops a lot and if a layer is overdubbed when a loop
is transposed up by two octave it can easily blow the PA speakers if
that loop later is played transformed two octaves down ;-))  And the
tape delay is used for dub style effet tweaking and when I do that I
don't want the slaps on my live instrument when playing against the
dub stuff.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se