Re: LD CD IV - The Participants

I echo Daryl and Kevin and yes the prices are down on Kunaki.  I launched a new project, Digitsignal's new record just recently on Kunaki.  It's alive on Bandcamp and the Kunaki physical I'm about to publish as official.  I'm reviewing the test copy.

I think this undertaking by LD is excellent.  I would agree with many of Rick's thoughts though.  I too in the 90's used to sell a fair number of CD's at shows and even online but since the millenium I've seen a real decline in this.  Many have shifted to digital download and abandoned the physical CD as they did vinyl.

I did a run of a 1000 with my first record in 1999 and though moved a fair number about 300 still occupy my studio space.  For every project since I've done short run to have a few on hand for gifts and promos and honestly I think short-run is the most sensible these days meaning fewer than a 100.

Even my publisher Mel Bay has discontinued large runs.  I was fortunate to get my first book as a 1000 release but my next, due this summer was edicted as an online ondemand download.

It's all a sign of the times.  Still I wish the LD project the best.  I've been very active in ImprovFriday of late and they are occasionally doing releases.  I really do think this community is overdue to put it's 'art' out there so best with it.

Jim