RE: Line 6 M13

You actually can process two mono inputs independently with different
effects using the FX send/return in an interesting configuration.

I did this once so that I could use a couple effects slots for my guitar
and
a friend used the other two effects slots for his electric violin going to
another amp. Worked great!

If I remember right, I think this is how I did it:

Guitar -> M13 input -> Guitar Effects (pre FX loop)->
M13 FX Send -> Guitar Amp

Violin -> M13 FX Return -> Violin Effects (post FX loop)->
M13 Output -> Violin Amp

Of course, one important thing to consider when hooking the M13 up in this
fashion is that only one instrument will make it to the loop recorder if
you
plan on using it this way!

-Nathan