Re: NEW STEVE TIBBETTS CD "NATURAL CAUSES" COMING OUT IN MAY

Jimbo,

Sounds like the news made your day as much as it did mine.

Actually . . . how I found out about it was kind of backwards.

I happened to just check out the wikipedia page on him for the heck of it.

At the bottom of the page, in his "discography" is an album I never heard
of.

I started doing a Google search based on that little bit of info and found
it on Amazon in Europe (though, sadly not on Amazon .com).

It's not even listed on the ECM site yet.

He broke his wrist in an outdoor fall from a ladder in the middle of
making his last ECM disc (so the story goes).

But I presume that if Amazon.UK, .DE, and .FR are each sporting a page for
it then I expect it's pretty legit.

I have high hopes at least.

Perhaps this will help me pull out of the doldrums I've been in.

I haven't played since January and I haven looped or played electrically
since October of '09.

I had been thinking of just retiring and slipping quietly out of the whole
LD scene.

I've been THAT depressed.

Glad to have been able to distract you from your Warren Zevon day
(lawyers, guns and money) with a bit of good news.

Cheers,

Ted

---- Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
WOW FUCKING AWESOME!  I've been wondering where Steve went, so weird that
he
would do those masterful series with Marc in the late 70/80's and
disappear.  Excellent news Ted - where did you hear of this?  made my day
which has been challenging with the lawyers, guns and money....

--
ReUse, an introspective textural aural
www.myspace.com/CtReUse

music links...