Re: power supply for fx pedals question (another)

Gmail wrote:
> You can get polarity reversal adaptors from Visual Sound. Just plug your
> power cable in one end and the other into your pedal. I use a couple.
>
> Sim

thanks for the info.
...but unfortunately I need to run both polarities.

In that case polarity reversal lead is only safe if the outlets are
isolated from each other.
(assuming that the outer of the power input is connected
 to earth in the pedal, then mixing polarities like that
could cause a short)

mark francombe wrote:
> Im using the Burkey flatliner... http://www.burkey.nl/
>
> does everything.. both polarities 12 v 9 v ac and dc.. plus has a few
> dying battery sockets...
>
> Its very heavy, huge and I kind of wish I still used wall warts to be
> honest...

ta Mark,
yep...it's presumably heavy too.
they mention the polarity reversal lead on the website, but
not whether you can power both polarities simultaneously.

I think I'm going to have to go to plan B,
which is to get a powerful wall wart for each polarity
and make Y-cables.

andy