Re: more transatlantic baggage questions

Hi Gareth,

First, make sure your special hand luggage meets the weight
restrictions as well! Based on my own experiences I would say they
won't freak out. I have been flying with a cabin luggage containing
one TC Electronics Fireworx rack processing unit, one half rack sized
audio interface box, one laptop and three flute pieces inside PVC
tubes foamed with bubble plastic wrapping. I have never even been
called in to show off that stuff. My cabin bag weighed in at exactly
ten kilo if I took out the laptop first. And you have to take out your
laptop at the security check, so your bag will be examined minus
laptop.

But when flying with two Genelec studio monitors I had to go into the
security office and open up my bag to explain what the "two solid
metal blocks" on the scan really are.

Read up on regulation in advance. Get a good scale and plan your
luggage. Be early at the check-in. You may stuff your pockets with
things as well. Trousers with big thigh pockets can swallow heavy
electronic boxes so you can get them off your regulated cabin bag
weight.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se