Re: more transatlantic baggage questions

i got stopped every time.  They didn't know what tubes (valves) were.  So I stopped hand carrying tubes.  I've had to take stomp boxes apart, explain what a wah wah was.  Once I had to wait while they fetched a security guy who played music and he laughed and let me go.

Don't take any tools.  They have confiscated tools I accidentally forgot and left in my hand luggage.

I guess it doesnt' help when you look like a stout version of Osama Bin Latte.

I think most of this worrying only gets critical when entering the USA, although I have had some issues even here in Canada.

I think it's best to have good flight cases for the not real fragile stuff.  That way no worries.  Of course, have good insurance if your'e taking expensive stuff.  But I've shipped 50 year old guitar amps (in good flight cases) with no damage thousands of miles.

just my $.02