Re: more transatlantic baggage questions

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM, richard sales <richard@glasswing.com>
wrote:
> Don't take any tools.  They have confiscated tools I accidentally
>forgot and
> left in my hand luggage.

I had my most awesome guitar nail-file ever confiscated as "a sharp
object".

> I think most of this worrying only gets critical when entering the USA,
> although I have had some issues even here in Canada.

Wrong! Appliance of security regulations are non negociable all over
the world now. My previous examples were all from Swedish domestic
flights. What happened in America was taht no one informed me that
Security had taken my 1929 tenor sax to as "suspicious object to be
terminated if not claimed within 30 minutes". Oh well, customs might
differ just a bit...  ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se