Question about multiple looping setup

Hello everyone -

I am looking for some advice on a looping setup -

I am part of a 4 person a cappella group and we want to start to include
some looping in our live performances (we used to have 6 members and we
are trying to recreate some of the layers using just the 4 of us) but we
aren't sure what is the best way to go about doing it...

We obviously would need something that each of us could individually cue
for our parts (i.e. a pedal or something that would be easy to use);
additionally, a single pedal with multiple inputs (even like the Boss 50)
wouldn't work, as we would need to have separate signals into the
soundboard for proper mixing, and that would consolidate our feed into one
output...

We are not averse to going for a computer-based method if necessary, but
we definitely would want to do what is most cost-effective AND reliable...

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on a possible setup?  I
personally have used an Akai Headrush in some of my solo live gigs but I'm
not too familiar with software-based looping or other devices...

Thanks so much!