Re: OT Create your own Impulse models for freeware Convolution Reverbs

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Gareth Whittock
<buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't think that would work Per. A short burst of white noise produced
>at
> the location of each choir member could though be used as an impulse,
> (picked up from a mic placed where the listener is presumed to be
>located).
> You'd then run the voices through your software to produce that
>particular
> reverberation.

Yes of course. I forgot about that as my typing fingers leaped off. Or
you could use a starter gun or pop balloons. When creating impulses
from electronic gear I have been using frequency sweeping wave tone
and theoretically that should work for an acoustic ambience too if
running the tone through a mono speaker moved between the multiple
positions on location.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se