Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

hey Per,
I was rereading your post,im no guru on this but wouldnt it be better to partition with NTFS and use something like Paragon to read documents on both platforms? i heard that FAT32 is going out and NTFS is more secure,whatever that means...
Luis

2010/4/14 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Louie Angulo
<louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> So im thinking of installing bootcamp on my Imac to use both platforms.
> my question is:
> Is it wise to do this or will it slow down and have an effect in the
> performance of the computer?

It doesn't affect the performance at all. Works well for audio. If you
use an XP partition with disc formatted to FAT 32 on the Windows side
you can work with those files directly from the mac applications on
the OS X side. When OS X is booted the Windows partition looks just as
an external FAT 32 drive. Very handy! You simply bounce down files
when working in Windows and open them directly from OS X. I do that a
lot when tagging loops for both ACID and Green Apple loops (SoundForge
in XP).