Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> i.e. notebook.de is selling exactly something like this for 1750,- EUR
>and 13" :
> Sony Vaio VPC-Z11V5E mit Intel Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz (Win 7)
> - 33,3cm (13.1") Vaio Display Premium Full HD mit LED Beleuchtung, max
>Aufl. 1920x1080
> - Intel Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz (4MB L3, 1066MHz FSB)
> - 4096 MB DDR3-RAM 1066Mhz
> - 500 GB Serial ATA (7200 U/Min)
>
> Why should I pay 1450,-EUR for a C2D MacBookPro if I can have this baby?
> The only thing stopping me at the moment is Logic/Mainstage...

Well, the only reason I can think of why you should want to do that is
the same reason why I stick with Apple pc's: I simply like the
production tools of Logic and Mainstage because they let me produce
music in a more intuitive way, with less boring effort ;-))  I don't
know about you but for me there are some other music software I like
that isn't available in Widows.

I am also thinking about all the extra audio plugins you would have to
buy in order to reach the same level in sound design and to me this
equation ends up more expensive if using a Windows only pc, compared
to the all-in-one virtual studio solution Logic Studio that runs on
Apple hardware.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se