re:What Electronica is Inspiring your L

Rick,

Although I don't think it's influencing me in a "group"
term and I'm mainly looping percussion at the moment,
I have to say 2 of my biggest influences have to be
The Orb and Orbital.  Always a confusing topic when
I'm talking to people who aren't really into the genre.

"Sea Biscut" by Orbital is my 'top 10 deserted island'
type lists. Can not get enough of it - I value it as high
as Coltrane's Lush Life (album) - it's just amazing.
I know those two have nothing in common - I guess
I was just trying to find something else I value as much. hmmm.....I
think I need some more Orbital albums.

And I like just about everything from The Orb - their music is fun;
one min it's a beautiful ambient landscape and the next it's got some
heavy drum groove, and you don't really know how it got there. Then,
just like you got there you're back floating in the ambience - some
brilliant stuff.

The only time I've ever made it to EU I saw a flyer in Hamburg, The
Orb was playing a concert in two days time; I was flying home in one -
I still remember punching the wall in the subway (tube?) and yelling
Andy G