Re: which macbook?

Yes, I meant Erik ;)  very cool guy by the way.

It'll be mainly for home studio use (I'm fed up with bulky stationaries)
plus some looping, until I get something suitable added to my rig.
My main concern is how one of those slightly older Macbook Pro's will
handle convolution and other cpu-heavy tasks.
The example by the OP is a fairly resent model, with an ok cpu, 1066Mhz
bus and 4GB ram, so it ought to be enough for my uses - after all, I'm
not expecting a €1 mil contract in the near future :-D

--
rgds,
van Sinn