Re: Delay/loop pedals w "old" style time adjust

Title: Re: Delay/loop pedals w "old" style time adjust
Scott,
  Both the EH 2880 and 16 sec delay can be used as a delay+hold because they have feedback controls. But they ALSO both have 'old school' control of loop length / pitch control.

original: I am hoping I can get a list of delays with hold function that have old style time adjust (like the PDS8000) The Roland RE-20 seems to do it but has no hold function as far as I can tell. What about the DD-20? Thanks
Clifford

my answer: yes, the dd20 does do delay looping, you just have to mess w/ the feedback knob, i don't remember it having a lock/hold option (but it was a while back that i had this, & my memory is crap....). i'm not sure about the re-20....does the feedback go to 100%?, if it goes to 100%, you got delay looping.....

my old post (below) from april...various pedals do it different ways. "hold" function is one way, the new digitech pedals (digi-delay and dl8) have that if you keep the feedback at 3 o'clock, you can continue to add stuff to the delay time, then if you move feedback to 100% it will lock the delay loop in and you can play over it (or mangle the time) and have the mangled time be your backing loop (my fun use). so under the category is any delay pedal (device) that offers 100% feedback. one ex: the ibanez de7-the delay does not go to 100%, i think when i had it, the most repeats were about 10 and it would fade away, but yes, i think we need a DELAY -BASED LOOPING LIST.

FROM MY OLD POST BACK IN APRIL:

some already mentioned:
boss dd20 (23 sec)
boss dd7-(does 6.3 sec in the stereo out  mode)
digitech dl8-(8 sec) -i love this thing
dod d12-(12 sec) my original long looper, 1u rack space
lexicon pcm42 (modded up to 20 sec-david torn and others use)
digitech pds series-i think had 8 sec
digitech rds-8 sec rack unit
akai headrush 2-says 35 sec of delay, 5 sec of tape delay mode (i research & debated getting, didn't though...)

there are also some old zoom multieffect units that i thought had 10 sec of delay???? can't remember model #
korg dl8000- 8 sec i think...
boss roland space echo reissue pedal-i thought i read had 6 sec of delay
digitech rp150-5 sec of delay-can glitch it nicely, new 155 has it also.
the zoom g2 also has 5 sec of delay, but when you try to mess w/ the time, it just shuts off, but i just read that the next
gen of this zoom g-something.NU has a 5 sec looper that overdubs (just read about it not sure if 5 sec is going to make anyone
get all excited since the new digitech rp155 models have 20 sec looper in them....ok, i won't get started on this rant again!!!!)
digitech timebender (5 sec)-didn't love this....although it got a good review in latest guitar world mag

s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen

http://www.zmix.net

http://www.esession.com/ChuckZwicky