Re: 3 x edp sync issue

phillip wilson wrote:

> Andy / Loaf - interesting points you raise- i always thought that the
> whole point of brother sync is that it locks the edps together  "on a
> sample level" to quoteth the manual...is this hyperbole ?

well, yes and no.
The sample clocking rates of the edps are locked together
....but...
the edp works in blocks of 64 samples, and those blocks
aren't locked by brothersync.

I use 2 edps in stereo, and do a lot of nextlooping,
...so the phase relationship keeps changing, producing
a haas effect pan which can vary with the different layers.

Also, there's midi delay when you chain edps.
Sometimes the 2 don't get the exact same loop length,
and so sample exact sync just drifts gradually out of time.

I've never tried Beat sync...it does work "both ways".

In your scenario, you could leave 1 and 3 brothered,
and link up 2 to 1 by BeatSync.

andy