computer ozone mainstage rant before bedtime

Please excuse the following rant. Its completely necessary I'm afraid, or else either the MacBookPro, the Ozone keyboard/soundcard or me will be going out the window. (Maybe all 3)

So, I sit down for an evening of forgetting my differences I have with software loopers and, in the spirit of bettering myself and my possibilities to getting to a little known west coast festival later in the year, and possibly needing a slightly more PRO sound for a famous guys tour I might be auditioning for.. (long sentance sorry) I plug in my ( I know I know not very profesh, but its what I ve got for now OK) MAudio Ozone into the mac, and fire up Mainstage...

Play guitar thats plugged into Ozone..

OK... silence.. not too surprised, fiddled a bit.. silence... changed cables, tested cables, tested guitar on hardware rig... no problems..

OK troubleshoot, close Mainstage, open Logic (I HAVE connected my guitar into logic before) silence..
Play a track in Logic... sound comes thru my speakers lovely...
make Tea... so Ozone is working... at least output is...
Close Logic
open Reaper (DAW that always workd for me) silence...
OK check hardware.. wait.... CLUE... NO clipping light on Ozone when I beat the shit out of guitar.. infact no volume lights at all.. check cables again...
check AudioMidi setup utility... all volume controls grayed out on MAudioOzone.. but was it always like that.. I think so...

So Im stumped...

The few times I have plugged a guitar into my lappy, this is the way I did it...

Ill say it one more time

HATE COMPUTERS!!!

OK Rant over, I'm afraid it didn't help much... It was nice knowing you all...
Any useful suggestions ? Please inform my mourning wife... her husband is lying broken outside among a pile of plastic and metal...

Mark

PS; Id like "Poor old Mark, he´s in the dark" on my gravestone please...

--
www.markfrancombe.com
www.ordoabkhao.com