Re: Rafa's One Man Band - Impact of looping -

On 11 05 2010, at 8:09 PM, andy butler wrote:

> Per Boysen wrote:
>> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Rafael Nunes <supersimples@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>> I think we are finally getting to a stage where one guy, with many
>loops can
>>> really be as enthralling as a full band.
>> I think we will never reach that stage
>
> I dunnow tho',
> bands get duller every year.

I often do a 10 minute hit and run show but I also did a few 1 hour shows
and even once a 2 hour show and people never got bored. I must admit I
also did make the audience participate where they could shout what song
and what style I should play. That interaction makes the audience even
more involved then a 'regular' show cause yeh, I agree, bands get duller
every year.

Also, Jon Brion pulls it off in his Largo shows.

Cheers,

Reyn

www.reyn.net
www.reyn.vs.reyn.net