Re: OT: Vortex issue

cnovey@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey guys-
> So I have been working with a stereo amp setup lately and plugged in my
>Vortex last night. The left output does not work right. It produces a
>distorted signal if you hit it with a very loud input signal. It is also
>the jack that is used for headphone output. If I pull headphones or mono
>plug out halfway I get normal sounding mono signal.
> I re flowed the solder on the connector. If anyone has any insight I
>would appreciate it.
> Clifford
> Sent via soup cans and string.

Not being able to measure on your device, I can't tell too much..
Could be the output opamp U32 (Motorola MC 34072, dual opamp) or the
output voltage swing clamping diodes D12/D13 (1N4148 small-signal
silicium diodes).

Those are located fairly close to the jacks, and I believe labeled on
the PCB close to each component.
IIRC U32 is in a socket, so it's easy replacing it.  I don't know about
availability today; it's possible you may need a replacement part.

--
rgds,
van Sinn