Re: Mixers - Inquiry

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> are the Motu Ultralite mk3 on-board DSP effects (EQ, Compression,
>Reverb) any good? Can you comment on their quality? Do using them affect
>your latency?

Hi Buzap,
I don't use the on-board effects myself. Not because they sound bad
but I use other equipment for EQ and reverbs. Regarding compression, I
don't use any compression any longer, it can easily ruin a track
(ambient). I have tested them though and I think they sound as you
might expect from an all round unit like the Ultralite. Imo: OK for
many musicians, not good enough for the demanding musician looking for
a top-quality studio reverb. So that's why I use a Lexicon and AU
plugins for my ambient project Premonition Factory when I need reverb.
So, it depends on your requirements and the application.

Here are some reviews: http://www.motu.com/newsitems/ultralite-reviews

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/