Re: granular plugins for mac?

RiverRun is cool. For live playing with real-time audio input it is a
bit fiddly (although it does work in that regard), but it really
shines when reworking a recording with granular processing. Running it
inside Logic you can fully automate its functions. Even when automized
it might not sound the same at any point of playback since one of its
parameters is "the river" that audio flows in, reversed or straight or
almost totally still - and "the river" is infinite and doesn't stop
and start where the DAW playback stops and starts. Unfortunately
RiverRun is only sold in a threesome bundle, the Nautilus Bundle. But
the other two plugins are very good too; a phaser and a scalable
parametric equalizer.
http://www.microsound.info/?p=106

Metasynth offers good granular synthesis.

The synth Alchemy from Camelaudio does good granular synthesis on a
recorded file. It is very playable and kind of good for instant
hands-on cinematic noise shaping when synced to video. Does for
"players" similar stuff that Metasynth does for "composers":

Granulab for Windows is known to be good too.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com