Re: Sco live reverse looping

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Andreas Willers <a.willers@arcor.de>
wrote:
> Has anyone got a clue how this can be done on an EDP?

I think I did something similar on the EDP (but this trick is a little
different than what Sco did on that 'rang) with no quantize, reverse
button set to momentary ("Sus"), overdub button set to toggle and
feedback down to zero. First put the box in Overdub Mode and then hold
down the reverse button to get what you just played coming back
reversed. Since you are constantly in Overdub Mode you may play
together with your reverse loop-back stuff and this playing will then
become the reversed stuff in the next round; ie as you let go of the
reverse pedal. And since it is not quantized you can play the EDP like
he guitar and make very short notes that bounce between guitar and
machine, between reverse and straight... Sco rather played long
phrases and had them come back while not playing anything, so it seems
to me the EDP offers a more expressive reverse looping technique?

Before starting out such a "reverse looping" solo I multiplied up the
loop length to stay clear form the accident of having the loop turn
around; because then the looped part would stop being reversed.

My EDP is on a permanent vacation with a vocalist now so I can't check
the settings.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se