reeves gabrels looping bits/vg8 random effects thing (DREAM PEDAL)...old articles....

i was reading some old articles i had saved about one of my fave guitarists, reeves gabrels, and came across these 2 nuggets (i tried sending this last nite, but sent it to the wrong address, so i'll try again since i'm not as sleepy....):

1. he was talking about his "night in amnesia" cd w/ david tronzo: "there was no thinking. we just did it.all of the loops were generated in real time and we played against them. only two of the track have overdubs, but we both improvised those as well so it sounds like four guitarists bumping into each other instead of two" (from GW jan '96 article)

at the time he was using a lexicon jamman in his rack.

REMEMBER our discussion a few months ago about the RANDOM BUTTON in a multi-effects box...in another article, RG talks about using his roland VG8: "one trick is to leave it in edit mode. select a parameter to edit, and assign the expression pedal to edit it-- that lets you control some functions with the expression pedal that you can't in play mode, like sweeping between types of effects. if  you have a contrasting setting written for each one, you can get some bizarre and complex things." (GP, june '97)

thought that was sort of interesting to continue our RANDOM EFFECT BUTTON DREAM PEDAL talk from a few months ago.
happy looping...
s---