Re: RAM on a mac

Performance wise, you might be better off investing in a solid state
hard drive unless you are running 64bit or multiple 32 bit
applications (even then..  SSHD would be my choice).

some info (price and models are dated):
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2009/10/the-state-of-solid-state-hard-drives.html