Re: If You Could Keep Just One...

Well put;  The EDP is an instrument in and of itself. It's the immediacy
of the thing, how it reacts as an extension of yourself... you think it,
it happens, instinctual and yet at the same time you can go so deep and
complex with it. It kept me entertained for 10 years.

I've been trying to switch to digital for 3 years for the vastness of
available sounds and routing and frankly basically I still am in-between,
not playing hardly any music at all because I can't get back to the
simplicity and immediacy of the EDP but the EDP alone (after 10 years)
finally isn't enough for me, but not because of the EDP's looping
capabilities or limitations... mainly because I'm a midiot (MIDI idiot)
who can't seem to sync between beats I trigger and loop cycles AND vise
versa the way I'd like to---via software or EDP, actually. Other people
seem to do it, so I'm sure it's me rather then the EDP.

Anyway... If headed to a desert island (with electricity) take the EDP.