Kim

I  woke up this morning and my brother told me that tragic news of Kim's
death.

I,  like everyone,  am just stunned.

I woke up to begin working in a very, very long day so this is the first
time I've had to post.

I'm in the middle of a day of full teaching and a very important dress
rehearsal for a show
and have been working without respite since I had breakfast so I haven't
had time to fully
process (outside of bursting into tears when the Bagelry girl was really
uncommonly nice to me).

My rehearsal begins in 5 minutes and I hate to rush this post but I just
wanted to say this quickly:

On some levels all of this wouldn't be the way it is today with Kim.

It was the creation of Loopers Delight which led me to this community
and I was ecstatic when I discovered
it thanks to his work.   Blown away to discover other fellow sonic
adventurers who had a love for this approach
to creativity.   I felt like I found a family I never had known existed
and I felt almost instantly that I had
come 'home'.

 I can honestly say that knowing him and his work at with the creation
and maintenance
of this huge endeavor has irrevocably changed my life for the better.

Over the years,   Kim was always very kind and generous to
me..............even in the times where we had
major philosophical disagreements about the attempts to kick start an
international live looping movement.

I remember, he came with Matthias to see me play a show in Berkeley that
was the last show of
the most demoralizing and depressing short tours I've ever played on.
I had been horridly abused by my tour mate and was depressed, exhausted
and thoroughly questioning why I was doing anything as an artist
and he had me come back to his house and was just really sweet
(Matthias, my dear brother too!).

I could tell that he 'got' where I was at and it was really an act of
human kindness and compassion to
take care of me in that way.

Many times  he would come see shows I'd do in the South Bay and take me
out to dinner afterwards.
As a musician struggling to be an artist and one who makes exceedingly
small amounts of money, this
kindness was really touching to me.

I invited Kim to come be a guest speaker at the 10th anniversary Y2K-X
fest and he politely declined
to speak but said he'd be there.     I was really looking foreward to that.

Also, in my sadness right now,   it makes me smile to remember that he
and Mark Sottilaro and I seemed to
be the only loopers to dye their hair weird colors.    I always took
some odd solace in that fact
and I"ll never forget being excited to see what color his ponytail would.

I will really miss Kim.       I will never forget him.

Please as a community,   let's do something for his partner, Violet, as
a thanks for all he has given us at Loopers Delight.

All my love,

Rick Walker