Was Walker Bros Elegies now Ebow and technique

"Problem is that I was using looping and an ebow before I'd ever heard of fripp. I remember listening to "no Pussyfooting" and being astonished by how similar to my music it was. Frankly I was pretty gutted. You have to be true to your inner muse though so I won't change for the sake of it. I'm digging my shoeless heels in..

G"

 I here you and I understand that feeling, it's too long ago for me to remember, though I also got an e-bow early on, along with the cool leather holster, i assume i probably heard it on a recording before being aware of what it was, and i'll never stop using it, though what Kim said resonated with me about how it can be overused, even though I see it in the proper context of the fact that ambient droney music was not his cup of PG tips. I've come to the place that I realize anything I do could be seen as derivative, and to get caught up in that is to drive yourself crazy. Like you said, being true to your inner muse is the only thing that really matters.
 I strive for originality, and when I use  a technique borrowed from another source, I work hard to put my own spin on it and thats all one can hope for. Thanks for the props, I have been doing a lot of woodshedding on slide guitar for the last few years, both lap style and standard six string, by a lot,  I mean what ever I can fit in around my 3 ring circus work schedule...
Bill