Re: For Keith and Michael - Ren gtrs and general mayhem

On Jul 15, 2010, at 5:45 PM, William Walker wrote:

Really nice Bill!
So good that I wrote Rick about his guitars.
And... LOVE the Ethos!

 Thanks Richard, I appreciate  it,  thinking about taking the plunge on a Ren?

Maybe!  I'd like to get ALL, 6, baritone and 12 string... but I'm also still lusting after an Asher Electro Hawaiian... and a near infinite list of studio stuff.

Yea I'm trying to figure out how to reduce my travel gear.  I love my old amps, but I'm getting a PRS amp soon that I'm hoping I can just cart around the head and use backline spkr cabinets.  Plus that way I don't have to worry about 50 year old amps in airplanes... and the PRS amps sound great.

Some day I've GOTTA come by for a visit, brain pick, listen and general mayhem.  Too much to learn and only a decade or two left to do it in!

Thanks

He makes killer baritone and 12 string versions as well.
 Glad you like the Ethos,  I really dig mine too whether I use it direct or in front of an amp. On that piece it was inline with my DTAR  solstice preamp, but I had it disengaged, I might have used a little zendrive at the start.  I was running both outputs one direct one feeding the vox amp and one feeding the princeton reverb.The Ethos, a Carl Martin compressor, DL-4,  the Solstice,  the looperlative, a TC fireworx and my midi controller constitute my live direct rig, one pedal board and one small rack bag, sets up in 10 minutes. I have another pedal board with the zendrive, the keeley comp, budda wah, Xotic ep-1, fulltone choraflange and Line 6 M-9. that I'll add depending but  I use that primarily for my traditional non looping gigs. The Xotic is my newest acquisition, designed to mimic the response of the pre amp stage of the old Maestro EP-3 echoplex, I bought it to use as a clean boost, but it does such a remarkable job of making my whole sound fuller and smoother  and richer that I just leave it on,  third in the chain after the wah and compressor. Its tiny and sounds really good, a very transparent boost with some kind of mojo that is hard to describe.

And Per - You are my hero!

Per is a hero any many ways.
Bill

thanks to all always