Re: waoy OT windows in german

At 12:18 PM -0700 7/29/10, Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:
>Wouldn't it be in German though?
>
>  >From my F1 search from an English version of XP

I've had to do this on a computer installed with a Japanese version
of XP (you think Deutsche is tough? try figuring out a help page
written in Kanji).

Kevin's suggestions may do the trick, but I've found that there's
usually one more step required to reset the language to English.  Go
onto the MS Support Site and download the *ENGLISH* version of one of
the XP Service Packs.  You might have to look for an installation for
system administrators to use on multiple machines (that's what I had
to download and burn to CD) since MS's annoying little update tool
keeps getting in the way of a normal download.

If you install the English-language version of any of the Service
Packs, it should knock the XP installation back to English.  You'll
still need to follow Kevin's previous instructions, but this is the
final step to switch everything over.

        --m.
--
_____
"i've got no houston to wind down to. i've got no protocol...."