portable recorders/new music posted at scott hansen's myspace page...

thanks for having the discussion on portable recorders. sometime in the near future i'd like to get something different, and i've been checking out
a few things people have been suggesting here....

the funny thing after reading a few of these posts i saw in our sunday's paper, the best buy ads for this week had the Zoom H4n on sale for $299-
couldn't believe i'd see a small 4 track recorder on sale at a local place...

and speaking of recordings....

a few months ago i posted some new stuff to my myspace page:

www.myspace.com/scotthansen

it would be the APRIL 2010 recordings-i think there's 6 on there (or is it 5?). mostly stuff i recorded w/ my new setup w/ my EH 16 ddl-ri, there's also
some use of the digitech DL8 and my behringer tweakalizer.

ok the funny thing, my direct recording to my fostex mr-8, one of the inputs has died, so i couldn't do that...so i was wanting to try to
record some new stuff (since i've taken like a 2 yr break from obsessive recording), so i was thinking , what can i do: well, i decided to just
put the fostex mr-8 right next to my fender keyboard 60 amp and record w/ the onboard condenser mic to make things easy. so recorded i think
50 min of stuff over a couple of days, originally was going to try to press up a few copies on cd form to offer, make some feeble cover, but then decided
to put a few of the recorded things on myspace instead. so there they are. i think it's the first time i've ever recorded my amp live for playing-always just
gone direct w/ my setup....i think it sounds ok...stuff is all live , one take loops and stuff. there is one track that i cheated, it would be the one w/ acoustic guitar (but i
can't remember if i put that one up or not-the acoustic is live overdub over i think some feedbacky noise things -i think)....
i recorded these in april, i don't think i got them transferred to my computer until june,  mention it to folks in sept...oh well....

i think after i recorded it, i thought, man i should get a new smaller recorder to record things, the mr8 seems huge compared to these new tiny recorders......
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen