Re: Questions regarding Gordius LG2 MIDI pedalboard

William Walker wrote:
> First off, I believe you need to use the editor librarian to program the
> ext switch functions. I may be wrong.  Andy? care to chime in?

no idea sorry, my original LG1 was modded to have 4 expression peds,
and so far (after upgrade)I didn't need the extra switches

..and I never tried to program without the editor, but
it's true that some functions aren't available without it.

A quick look into the LG shows a limited capability to
set up the switch/ped choice.

I bet you have to set the "Number of expression pedals" to 2
as well as activate the switches in the Global menu.
...and then I *expect* that it's inputs 3&4 that become the switch
inputs.

>If
> Xavier's lurking he will tell you or shoot him an e-mail.

or there's a GORDIUS group,
...but a direct mail to Xavier is the quickest way for
   tech question like this.

> Are you
> talking about all 4 inputs on the back  including the expression pedals
> ,or just the two dedicated to  switch functions?

In the LG2 all 4 inputs are software configurable.
They can be either pedal or switch.

After the next big upgrade they'll each support 2 switches (or the ped)

> lastly, I had a night of living hell initially trying to navigate the
> machine  from the front panel so do yourself a favor get the editor
> librarian going, plug in the usb port and git er done!

there's no editor for mac as yet.

What makes the LG series a lot more difficult to program
is that you first have to set up Patches, and then assign those
to Presets...and then add the Preset to a Bank(which you have to create).

So, it's not possible to figure without the manual, even though it
seems you can just dive into the menus, and it's not
like the fcb1010 where all you have to do is follow a series
of rigid instructions.

For me it's great, I can program in a mad script for edp control
and only put it in one of the banks if I actually need it.
(it stays in memory as a *named* preset, so I can use it
or not without having to program the same long script ever again)

As soon as you want to do complex stuff the LG becomes
a dream machine, which means that as a source
of simple commands for midi-learn it's a bit overspec'ed,
...can't really have one without the other, but Xavier's
looking to make programming somewhat easier when he
brings out the next generation of firmware.

andy
ps.
expect some evidence of LG scripts for the LP1 in the near future