Re: help assigning RME audio outputs to Mobius ports

thanx Jeff and Per,yes im using it as a stand alone,i just got the RME 400 used without a manual but im just reading the online one and i think is done by rather assigning channel 1+2 on every channel strip of the RME software mixer,im at work and cant try this right now but so it seems in the manual on pg.66.
Now i have to find out how i can quickly do a "panic mute all output" or access the master level since i dont want to use a mixer
I see it can also be configured to be controlled by a midi remote control
In the manual it says:

"TotalMix can be remote controlled via MIDI. It is compatible to the widely spread Mackie Controlprotocol, so TotalMix can be controlled with all hardware controllers supporting this standard.Examples are the Mackie Control, Tascam US-2400 or Behringer BCF 2000.Additionally, the stereo output faders (lowest row) which are set up as

Monitor Main outputs inthe Monitor panel can also be controlled by the standard Control Change Volume via MIDIchannel 1. With this, the main volume of the Fireface is controlable from nearly any MIDI equipped hardware device"

so what would be a nice and compact controller to use for this,any recomendations or is anybody using it with something like that? the smallest the better!

cheers

Luis

Luis