Apogee digital foot control on non Mac systems

Hi all,

I'm looking for a foot controller to attach to a software based looper I'm developing under Linux, and very much like the  looks of this one:
   http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/gio.php

The manufactures blurb makes a big deal about it being 'Mac only', but I see no reason why it should be, as it implements bog standard MIDI over USB.  Has anyone here had sucess getting that hardware to work on non Mac systems?  getting access to the build in audio interface and the lights on the unit would be nice, but not essential for what I'm doing

Jacob